This auditorium, a significant mid-century modern space within the 1952 Georgia Tech architecture building by P.M. Heffernan, had lost its original character to ad hoc changes over time, including the loss of the original wood veneer interior finish. This was brought back, along with a reconfigured ceiling that integrates the lighting/equipment needed to make this the most-advanced (for its time) teaching space on-campus; and with this, restoring the original character of this important historic space.
Georgia Institute of Technology
photo credit: Phillip Spears
242-person auditorium with state-of-the-art AV and acoustics to support lectures, film and performance
2013 AIA Georgia Citation Design Award